Do you want your carpets to last longer and look cleaner all of the time?
Hello Friends! If you answered “Yes!” to the question above, then be sure to take a quick look at these…
1. Vacuum frequently and thoroughly. Dirt is the number one cause of wear and tear to your carpet. Be sure that you are vacuuming thoroughly at least once per week to keep the dry soils to a minimum and maximize the life of your carpet.
2. Clean up spots and spills swiftly and properly. To properly remove a spot, use a clean absorbent towel (preferably a white one to avoid color transfer) and hot tap water in a spray bottle containing a small amount of a mild detergent – just make sure the detergent does not contain bleaching agents. Next, alternate blotting and spraying the area, DO NOT over wet the spot. You can even place a dry absorbent towel under something heavy like a book to completely remove the moisture from the carpet. Most spots can be removed if they are caught early. Of course, the exceptions are, if a spill contains a dye, (i.e., red juice) or a bleaching agent then the spot is usually permanent.
3. Never scrub or rub spots. The correct method to remove a spill is to scrape the spot towards the middle and then blot with a white towel or cloth. Scrubbing or rubbing the spot will fray the carpet fibers and permanently damage the area.
4. Do not overuse carpet detergents, shampoos or spotters. Some people are addicted to their carpet spotters, but too much detergent in the carpet will result in a dirt attracting residue that will make your carpet appear dirty faster.
5. Clean your carpets professionally every six months. Carpet manufactures recommend cleaning your carpets profession- ally with van mounted steam cleaning. By cleaning every six months you will extend the life of your carpet and have a healthier, cleaner home.
6. Re-apply “Carpet Protector” every other cleaning. Carpet protector “seals” the fibers of your carpets and makes them resistant to most household stains. It also makes your vacuuming more efficient. The effectiveness of carpet protector is reduced about 30-35 percent with each cleaning. But, by re-applying at least every other cleaning you will continue to protect your carpet from stains and everyday wear and tear, giving your carpet the longest life possible.
After all, it pays to call a pro! CLC Extreme Clean Carpet Cleaning 575-937-4385
This is Cody The Carpet Cleaner. Please be aware that I offer a high-end cleaning service. I understand that as a student or renter price is very important, but this is not a "Quicky-Budget" option. I perform a minimum of 7 steps to insure quality results.If your primary goal is quality please give me a call 575-937-4385. Thank You.